Friday, September 19, 2014

The Maze Runner: a Book and a Movie

So here in Sweden The Maze Runner has its premiere today (so exciting) and I have been waiting to write a review about The Maze Runner but I had to see the movie first.

I saw the trailer way before I knew The Maze Runner was a book. When I saw the trailer, boy did my hopes go up. It wasn't just the fact that Dylan O'Brien was the main character, but the whole movie and my interpretation of the plot from trailer was overall exciting. This made me want to dig into what The Maze Runner was actually about. Which led me to find out that not only is it going to be a movie, but The Maze Runner is also a book and part of a trilogy.

Overall The Maze Runner was a good read. It was easy to follow and had an alright amount of mystery, action and suspense but there was unfortunately something was lacking. But, for the life of me, I can't tell you what it is that is lacking. It might be because there are so many unanswered questions by the end of the book that it makes me feel like somethings missing. A hidden question or clue that isn't obvious might be hidden in this book or the others that I haven't found yet. (Disclaimer disclaimer, I haven't read the other two books or the companion novellas so I can only speculate.) I hope that Dashner has done this because I haven't read a book like that, filled with clues and hints, since Harry Potter.

This book is perfect for anyone looking for an easy, fast, interesting read with a good amount of mystery and action coupled with a dystopian feel. I love it when there are some hints of romance in books and The Maze Runner has just enough romance to keep things a bit interesting. Not only that but the books is riddled with quite a few plot twists that make you keep reading.

Happy Reading.





No comments:

Post a Comment